Tuesday 26 March 2013

Louisiana ,

I have had a problem uploading pictures withe tablet I have so there won't be any pictures for a while :-(. Anyhow I have lots to share , when I first got into the south I had the privilege of spending time with a living treasure when it comes to consulting and agronomy, Mr Ray Young. He has had over 40 yrs of consulting experience and has a wealth of knowledge with numerous crops and farming systems. It was very encouraging for me to hear his views about soil health and the benefits of crop diversity and he was of the opinion that the use of inter cropping has many soil and plant benefits if we are able to understand how to manage  a new ( well it is not a new concept) Mr Young said he actually when he was a boy planted velvet beans after he planted corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment